BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Is This Really All That Weird?

Newborn Breast-fed By Wrong Mom In Mixup

The father of the baby in the mix-up asked that he only be identified as "Mark." He said his daughter is now being tested for viruses and other illnesses.

"It's a sick feeling," he said. "I don't know the word other than it physically makes you sick."


"I think I am almost borderline obsessed about it -- what could have happened and what still could happen," said Mark.


Now, I understand getting a little weirded out about it, but really, to feel physically ill? Mothers used to have wet-nurses, even Selma Hayek breastfed a starving baby in Africa, and no one was "physically sick". I can understand the question of communicable diseases, but even that is pretty low.

Now, I'm a bit surprised that the hospital had this sort of mixup in the first place, considering they've made those baby wards into veritable fortresses, but still, there are humans involved and there will be error. At least this was caught before the baby went home with the other family.

0 comments: