BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Eggs In Toast

I've been looking at some of the recipes for Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, as well as perusing their website, and when I saw this recipe, I got excited. These look so tasty, and simple, and if you've already got the dough and eggs onhand, you're in luck. These Eggs in Toast looked so tasty I knew I had to try them.

I started out with my dough. Being that it's a wetter dough than most yeast breads, it can be a little tricky to work with. I covered my counter in waxed paper (I hate cleaning dough off my counter), floured it, and rolled out the dough. It rolled out nicely, but when I tried to pick up some of the squares I had cut for the recipe, they were a little sticky. I managed to get them up thanks to the waxed paper, and then put them into the prepared muffin cups. By the time I finished all the squares (I made more than 6, I just used what was left of my last batch of dough), the first ones were puffing up a bit already. I just pushed them down again, tossed cheese in the bottoms of each cup, and then came the eggs. Some of the eggs had a little more volume than I had room for in my cups, so hopefully the mess won't be too much... I topped them off with cheese and now I'm waiting for them to come out of the oven. So far, they smell really good. 4 minutes left....


Mmmm.... Tasty :) These turned out great, and the kids love them too. I wish I had some bacon though. That would make these even better.

I think next time though, to avoid overspill, I will make them with scrambled eggs. Maybe I'll even add in some frozen shredded potatoes with onions and peppers. The kids would go nuts over that :)

0 comments: