BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Cupcakes Galore

Okay, well two anyway. I was feeling a bit adventurous this week.

My first cupcake, was the Chocolate Almond Poblano cupcakes from beauty and bread. They looked very good, and were fairly easy to make once you figured out where the ingredients were. This is an entirely vegan cupcake. The flavor was good, but I wasn't quite expecting the heat that it brought. Still, it was fun roasting the peppers, and I think that they will taste good in chili next time I make it.



For my next, less tongue burning creation, I went for the Raspberry Almond Ricotta Cupcakes with Citrus Meringue Frosting by Chockylit. These turned out very good. I wasn't able to make the Burnt Buttered Almonds, for some reason I couldn't get the sugar and butter to caramelize for anything. Even after several attempts. Oh well. Plus, being short of a blow torch, I had to improvise, which was a lot of fun. I have a gas stove, so I was able to use the flame from the burner and a really long set of tongs to create the desired caramelization on the meringue frosting. I am tempted to rename these Flaming Cupcakes. It was a lot of fun, but I wouldn't recommend it in general. It's probably a totally unsafe way to do it, and I will be getting a real blow torch soon. But, it was still fun.


I had a ton of leftover meringue frosting, so I decided to make little meringue kisses to go with.

0 comments: