BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Iron Cupcake: Milwaukee

I recently discovered a whole new Milwaukee underworld, Iron Cupcake. The theme is breakfast, and I am working on something from my childhood. I still need to work out a few tweaks, but so far, the flavor is great.

When I was little, my grandma used to make apple pancakes on Saturday mornings, along with bacon, sausage, and warm maple syrup. I still make the pancakes on occasion, though for some reason, my kids don't seem to like them as much as I did. They do, however, LOVE these cupcakes, or the incarnations that have been created so far. I'm still working on a few things, flavor combinations, icing, garnish, all the goodies.

The challenge is on Monday, January 12th at Fratellos in Milwaukee, at 5:30 p.m. Anyone is welcome to visit and check out the goodies.

As soon as the challenge is over, I will be sharing my recipe, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

Darcien and Steven and fam said...

Wow! That sounds like a blast! Is there a whole years worth of competitions or is this just a once a year thing?

Shana said...

It seems to be a monthly thing. Each month there is a different theme and then the competition.