BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Tasty Thursday: Breakfast

Oooh, I love breakfast. I don't make it often enough though. My personal favorites are egg bakes, because they are so easy to toss together, some of them the night before. Don't forget to visit the Pumpkin Patch for more Tasty Thursday recipes.

Here are my two favorites:

Overnight Egg Bake

  • 1 Dozen eggs
  • 4 cups milk
  • 1 box seasoned croutons
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper
  • Crisply cooked and crumbled bacon, one package
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Layer the croutons evenly on the bottom. Cover with the cheese. Combine the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and beat lightly until combined. Pour over the cheese and croutons. Top with the cooked bacon, and press down lightly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place uncovered baking dish in the oven and bake for about an hour or until the eggs are cooked. Let cool slightly and serve.


Eggs and Potatoes

  • 1/2 to 3/4 of a 16 oz. package frozen shredded hashbrowns with peppers and onions
  • 1 cup shredded cheddar
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 dozen eggs
  • Salt and pepper
  • 1/2 pound cooked and crumbled bacon OR (and this is how I make it) 1 package real bacon pieces, I think it's Oscar Mayer, it's a yellow package in the salad aisle.
In a large bowl whisk the eggs and milk. Add the hashbrowns, cheese, bacon, salt and pepper.
Transfer to a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350 F. for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.

5 comments:

Renee said...

These sound so tasty! I can't wait to try them out. Thanks for sharing and stopping by my blog!

Jodi said...

Mmmmm... These look easy enough to make!!

have a great Thursday!

Shana said...

They are both very easy. The one with potatoes is my favorite, I love the mix of the two, and the spiciness of the peppers.

Anonymous said...

I love overnight recipes!! They are so simple to throw in the oven the next morning. Thanks so much for sharing these!

Betsy said...

They both sound really yummy!