BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Morning

Around here, Christmas morning breakfast usually consists of, if nothing else, cinnamon rolls.  The kind that come in a can.  Although occasionally, I am able to get away with homemade cinnamon rolls.  It does take some arm twisting, and a promise of bucketfuls of homemade cream cheese frosting.

However, I believe that this year, I may be able to get away with something slightly different.  It's a Cinnamon French Toast Bake from Pillsbury.  And really, it is worth it.  With our family of nine (only eight of whom have teeth), we polished off two batches of this french toasty goodness.    My only change was that I used walnuts instead of pecans.  I'm not a big pecan person, but I do like my walnuts.  I'm sure almonds would have been yummy too.  I probably could even add apples, but I'll leave that for now.

I made this on Thanksgiving morning, because I do like having nice yummy things on holidays to splurge on.  And with 4 cans of cinnamon rolls in two batches, I did need to splurge, just a teeny bit.  But it was oh so worth it.  And it will be made again.  Soon.  Very soon.  Probably on Christmas morning. 

0 comments: