BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 2, 2011

Tasty Kitchen: Cornbread and Fluffy Honey Butter

This recipe is now my go-to recipe for cornbread. I have tried various recipes over the years, but this one is definitely the best by far. It is a Yankee cornbread, for all you silly southerners who don't like sugar in your cornbread. This is sweet, moist, cakey, and heaven on a plate.

With my family, I double this recipe. Every. Single. Time. If I didn't, the masses would probably start gnawing on chair legs or something, so I try to keep them happy. I don't usually make the honey butter, but I have, and it is good. I prefer a big pat of homemade butter spread (I'll post about that one next), and a big spoonful of pure honey. I eat it with a fork, just like it was cake.

If you love a good Northern cornbread, this is it. This is what you have been searching for all your life. Make it with a big, yummy batch of chili (that recipe will be coming soon enough), and you will love me forever. I promise.

0 comments: