BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Works-For-Me-Wednesday











I love giving my kids pancakes and waffles in the morning. They're quick, they're nearly healthy (if you make 'em right), and the kids love them.

My one dilemma, I have 4 kids of pancake lovin' age, and they all want their pancakes cut, by me, ten minutes ago.

My handy little trick? A pizza cutter. Yes, a pizza cutter. Sort of like this one.


Okay, so I don't actually have the Caddy of all pizza cutters, but a mom can dream, can't she? Anyway, all you have to do is stack the pancakes or waffles, two or three at a time, and cut right through them. Right into little bite-sized pieces, perfect for chubby little fingers or for the hopeful fork operator. The older ones like it too because I don't let them use knives yet. If ever. We'll talk about that later though...

Be sure to check out more great Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

2 comments:

Shalee said...

We do this tip as well. And we use it for waffles to make waffle "fries" so that the kids can dip their "fries" into their syrup.

It's a treat for them and a time saver for us.

Lines From The Vine said...

Thanks for this tip! I've never thought of using my pizza cutter for this...it's a great idea!

Blessings!
Tracy