BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Savory Rice

I made this one up on the fly one night, when I wasn't feeling up to making a big meal, but wanted a lot of flavor. I cooked some frozen chicken tenders in some water, to thaw them and cook them without killing them, and that was easy enough.

The rice however, I made to taste so amazingly good, that I will be making it that way again soon.  I will find something to serve with it, even if it's just chicken again.  I made a double batch, but I will go ahead and give you the single batch measurements, just to make it easy.

Savory Rice

2 cups homemade chicken stock (or store bought if preferred)
1 cup long grain white rice
1-2 tablespoons butter
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4-1/2 teaspoon herbs de provence, or Italian herb mix (based on preference)

Place all the ingredients in a heavy pan over high heat.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.  At the end of the 15 minutes, turn off the heat, fluff the rice with a fork, cover again, and let sit for another 5 minutes. 

0 comments: