I've been working on some small projects lately, and having all sorts of fun doing it too. I've been making some dresses for 18" dolls, like the American Girl dolls. They are turning out cute, and they work up so quickly that I love making them. I like quick projects. They're so much fun to do and see through to the end without major commitment.
So here are the three I've made so far:
These are all for sale on my Etsy shop too.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Monday, March 10, 2008
I've finally finished some of my daughter's projects up. I still have a few more things to finish, but we're getting there.
First up is Ariel's Easter dress. She absolutely loves it. I made it from Jennie's Girls' Romantic Dress pattern, and did a few things a little different. I reversed the interfacing at the bottom of the skirt, and added some ribbon to cover the raw edge. I used some white satin covered buttons on the back. I'm also planning on adding a white satin sash from the sides of the dress to pull in the waist just a little bit. That's the only thing I haven't "finished" on the dress, but it was an afterthought anyway, so technically the dress really is done.
Now, onto the jammies and matching slippers. I actually got the ideas for all of these from Kara of Thought and Thimble. She has the cutest ideas. The jammies are from a vintage Simplicity pattern, #8488, the slippers are from a Japanese pattern book that was just too cute to pass up, and the embroidery (I did that by hand the week before I had Zach, I just wish I had used some darker thread), was from a cute little book called Doodle Stitching. Quick word on Doodle Stitching. I loved the book, it gave me some ideas to free up my talent, but it was all a little elementary for me. It was very cute, but I've been embroidering for so long that all the stitches were easy. It did, however, allow me to realize that I don't always have to follow the pattern exactly, and I can actually create my own designs. Hence, the kitty. I did base the pattern off of a bunny pattern from the book, but I made it my own and made it to match the jammies. (You can see the rabbit pattern done up nicely here.)